Covid-19 and Our Saftey Procedures
Residents safety and wellbeing during the Covid-19 pandemic
From wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), to creating designated safe visiting spaces to keeping our residents and their families connected, we’ve adapted quickly in these changing times and will continue to do so. So, while we are welcoming new residents into our homes, the safety and wellbeing of all our residents is our number one priority.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents, their visitors and our staff, will always be our highest priority. And that remains the same to this day.
Our guide to protecting everyone during the Covid-19 pandemic
Since the early stages of the pandemic, we have had processes in place to protect everyone in our care, ensuring our homes are as a safe as they possibly can be.
We understand that enquiring about care during a crisis can feel strange. We are here for you and have pulled together the following steps to keep you informed when choosing care:
Robust deep cleaning and infection control processes
- All bedrooms are thoroughly cleaned before a new resident moves in, including bed sheets, mattresses, pillow covers and blankets, using recommended cleaning agents that ensure the bedroom is free from the Covid-19 virus
- Our housekeeping teams follow robust cleaning schedules throughout our homes, including residents’ bedrooms, to help keep you as safe as possible
- We have strict infection control procedures that all our staff are trained to undertake, and we complete an infection control audit every day to make sure that these procedures are being followed to the highest standards.
Good supply of appropriate PPE
- Throughout the pandemic we have maintained sufficient supplies of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all our staff to ensure that they can care for you safely
- All our staff will be wearing face masks for your protection and you may also see them wearing gloves, aprons and sometimes face visors too, dependent on the task they are undertaking
- All our procedures are designed to keep you as safe as possible whilst staying with us.
Whole home testing programme
- For your protection we participate in the Government-led Covid-19 testing programme for all care homes, where staff are tested weekly and residents who have stayed at homes for longer than 14-days take are tested on a 28-day cycle
- For new residents, we will support you with a testing cycle as part of our safe admissions process.
- Our teams and residents have already started the vaccination process within our homes, or at their local hospitals
- We are encouraging and supporting staff and residents who are invited to receive the vaccination to make the most of this opportunity.
Safe care home visiting options and iPad calls with loved ones
- We recognise how important it is for you to maintain contact with loved ones and how difficult it can be if this is not possible
- Our visiting options are reviewed continuously, and we continue to take direction from the local Public Health Inspector regarding the ‘R’ rate in every area and monitor this ourselves very carefully
- We also have the option for you to keep in touch with your loved ones by video calls.
Front-line staff receive full training and continuous communications
- As well as undertaking a thorough induction, all our staff have received additional training in Infection Control and how to keep all our residents as safe as possible during the current pandemic
- We make sure that we keep all our staff updated on the best and most appropriate way to use PPE to keep you as safe as possible
- Covid-19 information and updates are shared with our home managers on a weekly, and sometimes daily, basis which they then cascade to their teams
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by calling 0151 931 3504.